Step 1 – What are we talking about?
The first question on many of your minds may be, what is an explainer video? As the name suggests it’s a short online video that aims to explain your business, products or services to potential customers. It is a fast, memorable way to quickly introduce your brand, its purpose and to make an impact on your audience. In today’s fast paced society customer attention spans wont last long, therefore your video should be simple, clear and short to achieve the best results.
Step 2 – Variety
There are 3 different types of explainer videos;
Live Action Explainer Videos: These kind of explainer videos are most suited to companies selling people oriented services or a physical product. The video is not animated and in most cases features real people which gives your company or product a human face and promotes an emotional reaction within the watcher. Live action however, means you’re confined to the real world.
Animated Explainer Videos: Probably the most popular type of explainer video. An animated explainer video can bring a lot of advantages such as the space for more creativity and the fact it can be easily edited or updated. This is often the preferred video for explaining services or intangible tech products like software.
Whiteboard Explainer Videos: This type of explainer video contains animation which is hand drawn and erased on a whiteboard. This kind of video has become more and more popular because it is one of the cheapest ways to get a good explainer video. If done correctly it can produce some great results.
Step 3 – Lets start explaining
The most important element to creating a compelling explainer video is the script. You could have the highest budget, the best animation and an awesome voice-over, but all of that means nothing without a good script. The best idea is to write the script on your own, after all, you will be able to explain your business or product better than anyone.
Here are a few tips to get you started writing a good script:
- The shorter the better – 90 seconds is an ideal template.
- Use simple language – nobody wants to listen to long complex sentences.
- Speak in 2nd person – use words such as ‘you’ and ‘your,’ this allows people to identify better with the video, and picture themselves using your product or service.
- Try a touch of humour- some subtle humour can make a video much more entertaining.
When it comes to the actual creation and production of the explainer videos we recommend you hire a talented, professional or award winning company, for example, KURO DRAGON
Step 4 – Lets Face it
- A video makes people stay – an interesting video keeps a visitor two minutes longer on your website. (adjustyourset)
- Videos are Easy to share – on social networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. making it easier for people to spread details of your company/product etc.
- Video content improves SEO search rankings - a site which features a video is 50x more likely to rank on the first page of Google. (searchenginepeople) Recent studies show that video search engine YouTube has now overtaken Facebook as the second most popular site (behind only Google itself), this stands as further evidence that online users interest in video content has only increased. (mashable.com)
- An explainer video increases conversion rate – Studies have shown that 85% of people are more likely to buy a product which has an explainer video. (invodo)
If you would like more information or would like an explainer video please get in touch!